The Zoo

The Zoo
At the zoo last year with some of the girls...Jas is pouting in the background because she didn't like the group she was in. Ahh pouty chlidren...I've gained an infinite amount of respect for my wonderful parents!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

This semester has been a bit crazy so I apologize for the lack of posts. I have 16 smiling (most of the time) faces in room 109. Sixteen may seem like a small number, but I assure you that their personalities and attitudes make up for the small number! Here are some snapshots of the last semester....

Two words: heart melter. This is Wilson and he was in my class last year...he's taking a victory lap.
I don't know what else to say except this boy has got me wrapped around his finger.

This little muffin is Deandre. This pictures sums up the first day of school after taking several pictures. Although he is one of nine children, living in extreme poverty, he comes to school with a smile on his face and enjoys life to the fullest (Although this picture doesn't necessarily speak for his happiness but I had to post it because I think it's hilarious!) When Deandre is upset, he comes and sits in my lap where I can feel his anger instantly melt away. It's amazing how the sense of touch affects a little boy, especially when those moments of love and care are few and far between.

No comments:

Post a Comment