The Zoo

The Zoo
At the zoo last year with some of the girls...Jas is pouting in the background because she didn't like the group she was in. Ahh pouty chlidren...I've gained an infinite amount of respect for my wonderful parents!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Last Day of School!


School is out for the summer! Please enjoy a few pictures from the last day of school.

I never thought I would make it to June 2. Somehow, by the grace of God and the support of my dear family and Ryan, I survived another year in second grade at Yellowstone. There were speed bumps along the way, but God is so faithful to those who trust in him. I never thought that 14 of my 16 students would be reading on second grade level by the end of the year. I never thought that I would survive several angry boys who liked to throw furniture, but God was faithful and I not only survived, they became my adopted sons. The saddest part about Yellowstone, and there are many sad things that we witness everyday, is the last day of school. There were more temper tantrums thrown in the last ten minutes of the school day than there generally are in a week. "Why do we have summer, Miss Holland?" "Can't we stay here with you?" "Do you think you could be my momma? I won't get in the way."
Yellowstone is their safe haven and refuge. Thankfully, we are going to year round school next year so they won't experien
ce long breaks at home. But for now, they have a teacher that misses them dearly, and prays for them daily, but is also very thankful for a break! :)



No, Jamrya does not want to kiss me...those are her pouty lips because she didn't get her picture taken with me first :(
She LOVES to pout and stomp when she doesn't get her way. One of my favorite memories of Jamyra was one Friday morning when Ryan came to visit our class. She started to smack her lips at him because he was helping someone first. He turned and said to her "Do you want to kiss me or something? Why do you keep smacking your lips at me?" That about did it with the smacking of her lips...at least for that day!









On the left are my two little monsters: Wilson and DeWayne. These two boys have caused my hair dresser to comment on the new gray
hairs in the back of my head. On the right are two of my brainiacs. For the most part, they came to school to learn and by the end of the year, were performing on third grade reading and math!

No comments:

Post a Comment